Shopping Sites Order Cancellation and Refund
If you want to cancel an online shopping you have made over the internet, the first thing you should pay attention to is whether the store approves the product you purchased. If the product has not been approved by the store, you can easily cancel your order. After cancellation, the amount you paid will be refunded to your debit or credit card without interruption. If the store has approved the product but the product has not been shipped yet, your cancellation request will be approved and the product price will be refunded to you. However, the return process is applied for the products delivered to the cargo.
Consumer’s Right to Return
Thanks to a regulation for consumer rights, you can use your right to return unconditionally without giving any excuse. The Distance Contracts Regulation, which entered into force on February 27, 2015, offers this right to the consumer. Thus, you feel much safer when shopping online. You have the right to return the product you purchased after your online shopping, without giving a reason or being subject to any conditions, within 14 days from the date of delivery.
In case you use your right of return, all collections including the shipping fee you paid within 14 days when the notification reaches the seller must be returned without any other conditions.
Matters to be Considered While Using the Right of Return
Although you have the right to return for your online shopping, you need to pay attention to some conditions in this regard. The first of these conditions is the 14-day period. Accordingly, you must exercise this right before your time for using the right of return expires. You must inform the seller of your right to return within 14 days from the date the goods you purchased were sent and delivered to you by the seller. You can notify the seller that you have exercised this right of withdrawal in various ways. After notifying the seller of your right of withdrawal, you must return the product to the company from which you purchased it within 10 days. The cost of sending at the return stage is also the responsibility of the seller.
Exceptions to the Right of Return
Although you can use your right of return for many products, there are some exceptions to this. Exceptions to the right of return are as follows:
• If you have made a special order and a special product has been produced for you, you do not have the right to return this product.
- If the product you buy online is a product such as jewellery, silver, gold, whose price is determined by fluctuations in the market, you do not have the right to return this product.
- Again, products that are perishable and whose expiration date is evident at the return stage cannot be returned.
- Continuing publications such as newspapers and magazines are not subject to return. However, the subscription service is the exception in this regard.
- If the packaging or package of the product has been opened and products such as swimsuits, underwear, make-up materials that are not hygienically suitable for return, they cannot be returned.
- If you have purchased services and products such as hotel reservations, both domestic and international tours and excursions or flight tickets, these are also non-refundable.
What Kind of Consumer Rights Do We Have When Shopping Online?
As consumers, we have many rights in online shopping, which offers the opportunity to shop easily at home, at work, on the street, wherever we can think of.
Online shopping, which seems more attractive due to the advantages it provides, also carries some risks. You also need to be sure about the security of the site you shop. You can feel safer by doing a little research on this subject. For example, if the site you want to shop online does not have a key sign in its name or if it is a site that offers too many ads, you need to pay attention to reliability.
You have the right to return or withdraw during your online shopping. It is very important that the site you shop from is reliable in order to use your right of return. In such cases, it is recommended to compare the price of the product we bought with other sites.